Our Benefactors ~ Ongoing support by income from major Endowments and Gifts
NORTH AMERICAN WALES FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS PROGRAMS
- Exchange Scholarship: Established in 1984 by the family of one of the Founders for advancement in education.
- Lloyd Jones Scholarship: Endowment established in 1997. Income provides two awards of $5,000 to students who are young entrepreneurs at Bangor University.
- Lloyd Family Travel Scholarship: Endowment established September 2005. Provides scholarship of up to $1,500 to cover travel to Wales for studies related to Welsh American history and culture.
- Williams Oil: Established 1986. One or more Scholarships, not to exceed more than $500, from accrued income to High School seniors in Remsen, Holland Patent, Adirondack and Rome Center New York School Districts.
- Marjorie Owen Endowment: Established 2017 using $100,000 from her Trust donation to provide income to support activities such as the award of $5,000 to recipients of the Osborne Roberts to bring them to perform at the North American Festival of Wales.
- The Myra Thomas Lawrence gift of $100,000 received in 2017. Provides income to support activities such as the award of $5,000 to recipients of the Osborne Roberts to bring them to perform at the North American Festival of Wales as well as our Exchange Scholars.
- Benefactors Endowment: Established 2009, an Open Endowment to accept gifts from named and anonymous donors. Conserved principal provides income for Foundation activities.